(32 teams max.)
Born in 1996 or later
14U Girls Div 1
(32 teams max.)
Born before 1996 or later
14U Girls Div 2 (40 teams max.)
Registration will open on January 22nd 2010.
Deadline: April 12th 2010.
Entry Fee: $775.
Please note that registrations are done on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
Please enter your team on the waiting list even if the category is full.
All teams must:
1) Be registered and in good standing within their own region (P/TA) and with Volleyball Canada. Out of country teams must also be registered and in good standings within their own National Federation.
2) Participate in the Provincial Championship held in their own Province or Territory, if one exists (team roster must be the same at provincial and national).
3) Meet all registration requirements.
The teams roster may consist of a maximum of 15 players and 4 coaching staff. Only 12 of those 15 players can be registered on the scoresheet during the competition and will be permitted to play any given match. These 12 athletes may vary from one match to another.
Refunds will be given (less a $100 administration fee) on
withdrawals made up to the entry deadline of the event (April 12th, 2010). After this time, no refunds will be given.
The Official Volleyball Canada 2009-2010 Indoor Rule Book shall govern play at the National Championships.
Please review the 2009-2010 Indoor Competition for details concerning eligibility, divisions, seeding, scouting, etc. All coaches and team contacts should be aware of its content. It is available to be downloaded under Registration Information.
At the 14U Canada West Open event, the SVA will not be holding a coaches meeting. We will require all HEAD COACHES to check in your team and verify your roster at that time. Final schedules will be handed out at team check in.
Coaches are requested to present proof of coaching certification to scorekeepers at the beginning of each match, along with their team roster. If coaching certification is not presented, officials will make a note on the scoresheet for the tournament committee to take action.
- Team check in will take place on Thursday starting at noon (12:00 pm) and will continue until 7:30pm Thursday night. Team check in will resume for 45 minutes following the completion of opening ceremonies.
- You must be checked in and have received your coaches package a minimum of one (1) hour before your first match.
- We will NOT be holding a coaches meeting this year, but we require a head coach to check in your team.
- Coaches: you will need to verify your roster, pick up your coaches package, the final copy of the draw and your athlete/coaching staff identification.
- Please designate 2 minor officials (scorekeeper and linesperson) for your team. You will be receiving 2 t-shirts, 1 each for your designated scorekeeper and linesperson.
Schedule will be posted on Wednesday.
We do our best to run on schedule, however unforseen events may cause the tournament to run later than expected.
Girls Division 1 will run in the PM wave.
Girls Division 2 will run in the AM wave.
Boys will run split in both waves.
If you would like to book a practie time for your team contact Andrea by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 306.780.9419.
Practice times all start on the hour, and are available at a first come basis.
A minimum of 10 minutes (5-5 hitting) will be available for
warm-up prior to the start of each math. Teams will be able to
warm up with volleyballs in designated ball warm-up areas
before each match.
Volleyball Canada certified officials will be assigned to each match. Official's coordination will be done throught consultation with the Province and Territory Officials Chairs and the National Officials Chair.
Referee's Meeting will take place at 9:15 pm and will be located at the Henk Ruys Soccer Centre.
This meeting is mandatory for referees.
Minor Officials (Scorekeepers and linespeople)
Teams will be required to provide one linesperson and one scorekeeper for each of their matched. For more information on scorekeeping, please download the "Scorekeepers Guidelines" that can be found at the top of the page.
The 2010 West Canadian Open will be providing medical services located directly across from court 1. Ice, tape and first aid will be available starting at 7:00 am.
For the 2010 Opening Ceremonies, we will be having all teams create their own flags / banners! The flags (banners) will be carried by each team duting the athlete march in, and then displayed for the duration of the tournament. Maximum banner size 3'x5'. Get creative with your banners!
Opening Ceremonies will begin at 8pm.
Hotel Rooms have been block booked from May 6 through May 8, 2010 in the following loctions:
Saskatoon Inn Hotel and Conference Center
Block Rooms "Canada West 14U Volleyball Teams"
Raddison Hotel Saskatoon
Block Rooms " Sask Volleyball U14 Canadian West Teams"
Please check out our website: www.saskvolleyball.ca/content/sponsors for links to the hotels.
Teams are responsible for arranging their own transportation to, from and during the championships.
Saskatchewan Volleyball has negotiated special rates for car rentals through Enterprise. Please check out the Saskatchewan Volleyball website or contact Andrea - email@example.com for more information.
The tournament jury is composed of a Volleyball Canada/Domestic Competition Committee (DCC) representative, Host committee representative, and the Referee Supervisor. For more information on the Jury's powers and duties, please consult the 2009-2010 Indoor Competition Guide.
The $400.00 team performance bond remains the responsibility of each Provincial/Territorial Association. Ultimately, teams will be required to forward the bonds amount in the event of any infraction which affect:
1) VC Code of conduct violation
2) Accommodation/facility damages
3) Uniform regulation
4) Coaches fail to meet coaching certification requirements
5) If a team does not fulfill its competitive obligations to an event.
For more information on Performance Bonds, please consult the 2009-2010 Indoor Competition Guide.
Your Feedback Needed!
VC in partnership with Saskatchewan Volleyball, consistently seeks to provide better services to the participants. After completion of your event, please invite athletes, parents, coaches and volunteers to visit Volleyball Canada's webiste (www.volleyball.ca) and fill out the Online Evaluation Survey of the 2009 National Championships. It only takes a few minutes of your time and helps VC serve you better.